An emotional end!

Click here to reply to this topic

MessageAuthor

After first starting with my lad at age 5 at Lee Cantrills soccer school nearly 9 years ago and managing a team from U8 through to U1, aswell as time on the committee in various roles, my time with Newhall FC has come to an end.

I have had some great times during this time and have met some great kids and parents and made some good firends.

There have been some highlights along the way.

• Playing at pride Park in the inaugural season, and subsequently rupturing my ACL and fracturing my femur. ( Playing there was good, the injury not! )
  • Seeing my lad walk out with the Derby players against Forest.
  • Coming runners up in the league at U9s.
  • Some great tournament weekends.

But the biggest highlight is that one of knowing that I have played a part in giving kids the opportunity to play football, regardless of ability or sex.

I'd like to wish everyone associated with Newhall FC all the best for the future and look forward to seeing you at presentation night.

Chris  BarlowChris Barlow
01 Feb 2015 16:23

Chris, like many who maybe read or don't read these webpages, and I apologise for such a late reply but until you have personally given time for the betterment of kids to enjoy the thrill of competing no one can ever explain the satisfaction that gives as a parent. All others watch and talk amongst themselves without raising their point to a management team, we need the feedback/contradiction/critiscism to make each year team as successful as possible.

It is sad that parents feel isolated, I am a parent who has worked for my team a few years less than your effort but feel the same as any other parent in that when you make an effort to contribute it seems like you are interfering and nothing is really taken on board but you just get on with it...support is vital to continue traditions and long may this club continue to survive for the good of the community.

all the best Chris, regards Ron.

Big RonBig Ron
28 Mar 2015 00:54

Click here to return to the forum topics.

Sorry - you need to be logged in to the website to comment on Match reports, or take part in the discussion forum. Setting up a user account on the website is free - see the panel at the top of the page.

The FA

Newhall FC are a Football Association Charter Standard Club.
Affiliated to the Derbyshire County F.A. since 1978.