U14 Lions V Mayfield Sunday 4th November.

Click here to reply to this topic

MessageAuthor

A rare occasion for me to have a Sunday morning free without any football commitments so I decided to take a look at the U14 Lions who were playing down at Oversetts against Mayfield. The usual 'curse of the committee' seemed to be present as they were 2-0 down when I got the and by half time the score was 4-0 to Mayfield. Mayfield were getting all the run of the ball despite some very spirited play by all the Lions team who for the first half were playing up hill on our testing top pitch.

Second half the Lions came out with their heads up and with the benefit of the downhill slope started to attack with some very convincing runs. This payed off with the net being found on several occasions and the score going to 4-1 then 4-2. I said to the subs that if the team got another goal soon then they would be right back in the game and sure enough persistent pressure from Lions secured another goal making it 4-3 to Mayfield. At this point I didn't want to tempt fate and bid my farewell making an exit with about 10 mins to go.

Very pleased so see that sure enough another goal was scored and it was by Lions to make a very deserved draw at 4-4. 

Well played to the whole team who stuck at it and got themselves a well earned point. There aren't many that would claw themselves back from a 4-0 deficit to 4-4.

Well done Lions !

UP THE NEWHALL !

Dave B.

Secretary

Dave BantonDave Banton
04 Nov 2012 20:03

Click here to return to the forum topics.

Sorry - you need to be logged in to the website to comment on Match reports, or take part in the discussion forum. Setting up a user account on the website is free - see the panel at the top of the page.

The FA

Newhall FC are a Football Association Charter Standard Club.
Affiliated to the Derbyshire County F.A. since 1978.